Hannah Lowry - Unit 5 Reflective Document 17/18

Section D

Theatre and Screen group - Mawsi

The theatre and screen Group set up the installation 'Mawsi' in the spray painting shed outside. The idea was to write what emotion you were feeling at that moment on a small plastic shot glass then fill it with any of the given colours of paint to symbolise the emotion in colour. After choosing my colours, pink and black and my emotion, free, I threw the paint at two white mannequins that had already been covered in various different colours by people throughout the day - which clearly showed it was popular insulation that resonated with a lot of people. The process was surprisingly therapeutic, the act of throwing away your negative emotion and creating art or embracing your positive emotion and creating art suggested to me the idea that we can manifest our emotions, negative or positive and create something positive from them. Also from the amount of paint already on the mannequin you couldn't help but feel a sense of inclusion in the open sharing of feelings - it was an enjoyable experience that promoted collaboration between festival goers. We un-intentionally created a piece of art together with these colours and the end result was overall successful and enjoyable.

Theatre and Screen group - Mawsi

Fine art group - Eleven O'Clock

The idea of this project was wonderfully simple and promised a high level of engagement from the festival goers. Projected on to the wall was a list that was continually added to as people selected a button from the console. The question in the back reads 'Question of the week. How do you feel about collaboration?' and the console lets you select from five faces showing a scale of emotions. one side is very sad the other is very happy. Being able to see the past choices on the screen may have been an influence as I read it first also the opinions of the people I was with were influences however I tried to answer as honestly as I could because I really did and do enjoy collaboration. Especially with my current group. It showed how individual the collaborative process is for each of us in Unit five and drew attention to the staggering difference. 

The installation was very simple and quick to be interacted with but I feel that adding other elements would be un-neccessary.  It was simple but I believe that is how It was intended to be made and I enjoyed it at face value for what it was meant to be.

Theatre and Screen group - Mawsi

Fine art group - Eleven O'Clock

Fields marked by '*' are required.
    Comments are moderated. If you choose to make this comment public, it will not be visible to others until it is approved by the owner.